Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Huh?

Do you ever feel like your child's ears are full of cotton?
Or Playdoh?
Or that maybe when they left heaven, someone forgot to turn on their listening switch?
I'm kinda feeling that way lately.
Mostly with one particular child.

Who may or not be named Bradley.
He listens similar to a rock.
And it's giving me high blood pressure.
I mean, I know he's 2 (and very good at it),
so I expect a little trouble in the listening department, but sheesh.

He's decent at home, but the minute we are in public...forget about it.
I'm amazed I haven't lost him.
Oh wait.
I have.
Like more than once.
Because he's also a bit of a wanderer.
Actually, if a nomad and a cheetah had a baby, they would name him Bradley.
Faster than the blink of an eye, he slips around corners and hides in bushes.
Probably secretly laughing at his panic stricken mother darting around looking for him.
Good grief. 
I'll probably die young.

Tell me I'm not alone my friends. 
And if I am alone, then keep it to yourself
and let me continue to think that my child might be normal.
Meanwhile, I think I'll go check the back of his head for that switch.
I'm sure that's the problem.

P.S.  I am Bradley's mother but I am neither a nomad nor a cheetah.
For the record.

5 comments:

Audrey said...

You are too funny Kira! I was thinking it was going to be a post explaining that you did indeed find something hideous hiding in his ear...but that would be too easy now wouldn't it?!? ;)

Thanks for the laugh. I usually read your blog in reader, so it's been a while since I've actually seen your BLOG. Love it! It's WAY cute!

Tringali Family said...

I can be your witness if needed in court. Bradley disappears in the blink of an eye!

Valerie said...

Kira you are funny, I love how you write. And isn't motherhood just wonderful in all of it's INTERESTING ways ha ha ha

Janet said...

You are definitely not alone. I lost Ian at the library and had to ask three librarians to help me find him ASAP. They looked at me with their judgemental faces and wouldn't move until I said, "you can judge me later but right now just help me find him!"

Mary and Dean said...

Girl I hear you! We are going through the same thing with McKenzie. She has to wear a Monkey Backpack with a leash if she is not strapped into a cart of stroller. She is also sneaky about getting outside (front) to try to play with Ethan so we are constantly on guard. Good luck! PS you might want to have that hubby of yours check his ears. Maybe the switch is down too far for us moms to see.