Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Student of the Week

Does anyone know the child described in this paragraph?
I know I sure don't.
I know it says her name is Brooklyn, but if that is the case,
then there are definitely several  misrepresentations.
#1.  Admittedly, we don't go out much ever.
Therefore, Brooklyn has probably only been to McDonald's
once or twice in her entire life.  
And even if she did go regularly, she likely wouldn't want anything on their menu. 
Her exact quote (to me) is that she likes all the food at McDonald's
"except those little meat things."
#2.  Tennis?
Do any of your 6 year old's play tennis?
Or really even know what it is?
(Ok, maybe yours does, but mine definitely does not.)
#3.  She doesn't own a single Barbie.

I told her teacher we got a little chuckle out of Brooklyn's fabricated dream world.
She told me that Brooklyn kind of pulled McDonald's out of a hat
(as in "it was the only restaurant she could think of"). 
She kept insisting that her favorite place to eat out is 
VONS.
Where she sometimes gets to choose a fruit roll-up.

Maybe we should branch out a little.

I'm pretty sure I've succeeded in being the world's awesomest parent
if my child's favorite place to eat out is a grocery store.

How cool are we?

P.S.  Isn't she darling in her Christmas dress?!
(even with a freaky Santa octopus on her right shoulder and an
albino gingerbread man on her head?)

2 comments:

Lori said...

Brooklyn does look absolutely adorable in her Christmas dress. I love the stories kids come up with. Brandon can always make me laugh with his stories.

Janet said...

That is so funny! Glad to know I'm not the only one anti-McD's and Barbies :)