Thursday, December 2, 2010

Pepe'

Remember Brooklyn's little friend Skuttles?
And do you remember how traumatized the poor girl was
that her little motorized hamster gave up the ghost?
Oh, and do you remember how I said I would hate to see
how she reacted if one of our real pets died?
Unfortunately, last week we had that very experience.
Our little dog Pepe' died.
(Pepe' le Pug)

Poor Brooklyn took it pretty hard.
She loved that little dog.
And so did her father.
The rest of us did too, but not like they did.
November 23rd was a dark day around here.

But, I am pleased to say that Brooklyn has been expressing her grief
by giving Mona (our other dog) lots of extra love (food). 
Which means the little butterball won't be able to walk soon.
We'll have to roll her across the yard.
She definitely does not need to be eating pepperoni.
She already looks like one -
a big, round pepperoni with little nubbins for legs.

Oh well.
In the name of Brooklyn grieving cheerfully,
Mona can go right ahead and gain another 10 pounds.
I certainly don't think we'll hear Mona complaining.

3 comments:

Valerie said...

Oh no I am so sorry, was it old age? Pets passing away is so hard. I hope you guys are doing ok. And at least you have another cute dog there to be a comfort (and a rollie pollie toy) ;)

Kristy Skoy said...

ON NO! That is so tragic to a child. We had to give up our dog when David was 3. He cries still when he thinks of that dog. Grandma gave him a stuffed dog that looked like him. He still has it and sleeps with it every night. HE IS 10 YEARS OLD NOW! Good luck. I am glad she has another one to love.

Janet said...

So sad! I'm so sorry :( I'm glad Brooklyn is finding her way through it though. If it were me, I would be the one eating the extra food, not the dog!