Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Bradley's Shoes

Do you sometimes ever wonder if you've ruined your kids?
Sometimes I think, "Sheesh, I've blown it already and he's only two."
Not so good.
And then sometimes they do something that makes you think,
"Basically, I'm awesome."
Bradley has provided me with what I will claim as an "I'm awesome" moment.
(You've got to take what you can get, you know.)
The minute we walk in the door from anywhere,
he sits down, takes off his shoes, and ALWAYS,
and I mean ALWAYS tucks his little socks inside of his shoes.
So they're always right where I need them for next time we go out.

How thoughtful is that?
And to think he's only 2.
How's that for mothering skills?
Booyah!
There's no denying it.
I'm basically awesome.

Someday when his wife complains that he doesn't put the toilet seat down
or pick up his clothes,
at least I can say, "Ya, but at least he tucks his dirty socks into his shoes."
She'll definitely be thanking me.

*I may or may not actually be responsible for teaching him to do this.
Irregardless, it makes me smile everytime.






2 comments:

Kristy Skoy said...

That is so cute! He is remembering something you are teaching him!

Janet said...

I just put your trophy in the mail. Well done, super mom!