Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Can you repeat that? Oh wait, please don't.

You have to know that my oldest child is about the sweetest child ever.
Really.
I take no credit for her awesomeness because she flat out came that way.
And I rejoice.
But, there might be one minor flaw.
Whoever installed the voice box put the switch on "Continuous Play."
Phew.
She.Does.Not.Stop.
No joke guys - we took a 6 hour drive to San Diego last year
and she seriously talked the entire drive.
I'm not sure she even took a breath.
I thought I was going to go insane.
By the time we rolled into the driveway I felt and probably looked something like this:
This is straight-up the scariest picture I've ever seen. 
That is some wicked awesome bed head -
And I'm sure she'll be super happy someday with this picture going public :-)

Here's Brooklyn's daily schedule:
Every night at dinner: talking (never eating)
Every night after dinner: talking
Every night when she is supposed to be sleeping: talking
Some nights while she's sleeping: talking
First thing when she wakes up: talking
AAAALLLLL Day:  talking
This is not a joke.
She clearly has a lot on her mind,
but I honestly can't tell you what she is talking about half of the time.
I think she just likes to talk.
Period.

Last night when I tucked her into bed she said to me,
"Mom, I wish that a grown up could lay in here with me and
answer all my questions until I go to sleep."

Tempting, but I'm afraid I'm suffering from some serious auditory fatigue.




2 comments:

lori said...

I bet she is like that because she holds it in at church and school, and just needs to let all of her chattiness out when she gets home. I love the bed-head picture. It reminds me of the little girl from Ramona and Beezus.

J Fox said...

I feel ya, Holli is the same way and when I start to zone her out she says, "mom you're not listening to me!" It's funny too cause she is so quite and shy around others.