Thursday, February 17, 2011

The Forks; Mr. & Mrs.

My silverware drawer is a compilation of a lot of random silverware. 
A few 1970's grandma forks, a couple forks from college,
and all the rest that have joined the family along the way.
Well, with so much personality bursting out of one drawer,
it naturally causes a fair amount of controversy.
Controversy that usually sounds something like this,
"Ewww, I don't want that one, that's a boy fork."
or
"Ha, ha!  Jack - you got a girl fork!"
(fork flying)  "I'm not using a girl fork!!"
I really wasn't aware until recently that my flatware was gender specific.
I'm sure glad that's cleared up.
Heaven forbid any of us eat from the wrong-gendered utinsel.

1 comment:

Janet said...

That is so funny because Camille just threw a major fit last night because I gave her a boy spoon! Where in the world do they get that from? Glad to know it's a kid thing and not a strong-willed Camille thing :)