I seriously have to wonder where time goes.
Some days can be so long, but yet time can fly by at the same time.
Can anyone explain how that works?
Or does anyone else (with kids) ever look around and say,
"How can I possibly have kids this old?"
Seriously people - how does this happen?
Well the most recent display of this madness is that my charming/fireball boy just turned 5.
Five?!
Unbelievable.
But, we had lots of fun celebrating such a dynamic part of our family.
This boy can really pack a punch.
I'm not kidding you that at one moment he's digging in his heels refusing to do what I ask him to,
and the next he is making me feel like I'm his favorite person ever.
Jack had to wait until dinnertime to really start celebrating because he was waiting for his grandparents.
To my amazement - he was very patient and just enjoyed the fact that his birthday had FINALLY come.
That had been one long countdown.
But when the grandparents showed up, the party began
complete with a Lightning McQueen pinata (a G & G Bowen tradition)
and a sweet dinosaur cake.
I had a lot of fun making this cake because it was so easy and absolutely thrilled the boy.
I had a lot of fun making this cake because it was so easy and absolutely thrilled the boy.
Although there was a problem.
We bought the dinosaurs about 2 weeks before his birthday and told him he couldn't open them because they were for his cake.
Then the day before (the day before!) his birthday
Bradley makes that package of dinosaurs disappear.
That stinker.
So, we ended up having to buy the extra $20 box of dinosaurs just for the cake.
(Do you know how hard it is to find dinosaurs?)
I may or may not have been bitter.
And of course, those dirty rotten dinosaurs showed up the very next day.
Bradley had stuffed them into one of the cupboards in the desk.
Dah! I thought I had looked EVERYWHERE!
Well, even if I do now have a surplus of dinosaurs at my house,
I loved celebrating my sweet boy!



2 comments:
I have to agree with you on the time thing. The days seem so long sometimes, but I can't believe how fast the kids are growing and changing! Where does all the time go?
I can't believe Jack is 5 already. Brigham's going to be five in September!
Five?! I remember the day he was born! You were supposed to VT me that day. HA! I can't believe I remember that. I can't remember what I was supposed to do today (let alone what day it is).
When I look around and see everyone's kids getting older, I look at my one favorite little girl and wonder why I don't have a whole house full of kids. Why is the world spinning so fast around me when I am standing still. And yet, how do the day FLY by so quickly. My little baby is almost 3! It's a mystery all right.
Post a Comment