Being the responsible mother that I am, I repeatedly beat my head against the wall,
uh, I mean,
lovingly teach my children responsibility
by nurturing them through a list of Saturday chores.
lovingly teach my children responsibility
by nurturing them through a list of Saturday chores.
Unfortunately, by requiring them to do their chores, I really can't get all of mine done.
I now completely understand why you hear parents say
that it is easier to do something yourself
that it is easier to do something yourself
than it is to make sure the kids do it.
Last Saturday I assigned Jack the job of cleaning the sliding glass door.
At our house, this is the ever coveted job.
There have been many tears shed over not being "the door cleaning chosen one."
But as I watched,
besides seeing large amounts of Windex sprayed,
I realized that I should no longer wonder why that door never looks clean.
Or why there always seems to be a smudge the size of a human head
complete with a nose and mouth.
(Bradley's face kills me)



1 comment:
hey, Kira! you probably don't even remember who I am (David's little cousin), but I just wanted you to know that I LOVE YOUR BLOG!!! seriously, I wish I could be as good as you, it's so cute, and it definitely kept me laughing! hope we get to see you guys soon, I need to meet the rest of your family...
Post a Comment