Thursday, November 20, 2008

In one ear...

I'm sure my boy isn't alone in doing this, but seriously...the newspaper/TV is not going answer you, nor can they hear you - so why do you lecture them? This is such a strange habit. Dave's favorite is offering amazing advice to various athletic coaches. "If I were the coach..." "You've got to pull that pitcher." This is a perfect opportunity for a squeeze play!" Then, when the coach doesn't heed his advice, all night long I hear, "I told you, you should have done the squeeze."

Well, a similar experience was unfolding here just the other night. Only this time, he was yelling (well, ok, Dave doesn't yell) ...lecturing the newspaper on the ever famous subject of Proposition 8.
I was reading blogs or something, vaguely aware of the constant stream of ranting and raving coming from across the room. Sadly, it was so tuned out that I can't even give you a quote. Eventually, I look up and raise and eyebrow. "Why do you talk to the newspaper? It won't talk back you know." Then he looks at me with this traumatized look and says, "I wasn't talking to the newspaper - I was talking to you!" Oops...maybe my listening skills are a little rough when it comes to certain topics. I guess I better work on that.
Here's my cute boy (actually there are 2 of my cute boys in this picture) reading his paper in disgust. I'd like you to notice the headline...no wonder he was irritated.

love him. ^ (he'll be embarassed when he sees this)

1 comment:

Heidi Henderson said...

What a cute picture! I love pictures like that where you capture the cutest moments! And what a funny story!!! I love it! Gave me a good laugh!