I am getting concerned that I may be causing Brooklyn to have an unhealthy relationship with money. I mean, it started out beautifully - she knew not to ask for things at the store, she would shake her head and tell me all about how those claw machines at the grocery store are a waste of money, and she understood that if activities required money, her chances weren't good. Now, being the frugal person that I am, I was so pleased when she happily turned over the contents of her piggy bank so I could put it in her savings account. It brought pure joy to my heart watching her be wise with her money and desire to save. However, my concern started when she received a birthday card in the mail. 10 big ones just for her.
She handed the money to me and very matter-of-factly said,
"Mom, can you please put this in the bank for me? I'm saving for a house."
Wednesday, September 8, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Is she going to take Aubrey with her and leave those pesky boys at your place? ;)
A girl's gotta have a plan!
That is so funny! I don't think it's bad to be frugal, but when a person saves birthday money for a house, particularly when that person is only six, that may be cause for concern. :) Thanks for the laugh!
Like Mother like daughter. I recall the "envelope" system you had when you were small.You were always pretty smart with your money. How funny that Brooklyn has picked up on that, but you might want to tell her she is a little young for a house just yet. Ha Ha!!!
Post a Comment