Monday, September 20, 2010

Heave a nice day

Sunday's are always a little wild.  (Do I even have to say that?)  And this Sunday was again, no different.  After sacrament meeting Dave and I were juggling kids trying to decide who would do what.  Well, let's just say that I got the mega short end of the stick and ended up having to change Bradley's rotten sewer pants.  (Something about there not being a changing station in the men's bathroom...Is that really true??)  Anyway, after we got the two bigger kids to class, I handed Aubrey off and took Sir stinky pants to the bathroom.  I took care of that, got Bradley to nursery and went looking for Dave.  After a couple of laps through the halls I finally found him.  And then things proceeded in slow motion.  He handed Aubrey to me, and just as I grab her and he moves back she begins spewing.  Like serious fire hydrant barf-o-rama all over the front of me. 
Seriously?
Ya.  Seriously.
She rarely spits up, but this day she propelled out at least 3 days worth of food.
At this point a mother has 2 choices:
A)  Go home
B)  Walk around church smelling like baby puke.
I chose option B. 
I tried kind of wiping it off, but I'm pretty sure I just rubbed it in.
And then I tried covering it up with her blanket which worked except that it looked awfully unnatural to have a blanket across the entire front of me, and I started to feel kind of musty.
And do I have to remind anyone what partially digested, regurgitated milk smells like?
I walked into RS playing it cool, but ended up just letting it all out to the person next to me.
"If it smells like baby barf, it's totally me."
At least she wouldn't have to wonder.

The Perpetrator
Look at that cute little profile. 
She was cracking herself up in the mirror while I was getting ready.
Oh, and I still adore her - even if she did decorate me with bodily juices.
And look at the bright side, it could have been the other end...

2 comments:

Petersen's said...

I don't know you at all but I saw a post off my friends facebook and thought it looked like a fun read. I read your past 6 or so posts and I just have to say, coming from one mother to another, that I love how brutally honest you are when it comes to child rearing! I would rather read how a mother is struggling but happy than that she is posting about fakingly leading a "perfect" life. You have a beautiful family and it was very enlightening to feel "not alone" in this crazy thing called motherhood! You seem like a great mother and an awesome person! I really enjoyed your posts! Thank you so much for making my day!

Kristy Skoy said...

There is a changing station in our Men's Bathroom! And we also have a single handy cap restroom by the bishops office that has a changing station in it also. I bet he could find one if he really needed to. So sorry about the puke. She is cute enough to get away with it though!