Sunday, November 9, 2008

Happy Halloween!

We had an interesting Halloween this year. There was of course lots of fun and parties, but it was all overshadowed by nervousness. Dave was scheduled to give his oral exam/dissertation defense 3 days after Halloween. Yikes! I am writing all of this long after it all has happened so I can't even convey the anticipation/fear that Dave especially was feeling. But, the kids must have a wonderful holiday so here we are at the ward trunk or treat. Brooklyn is Sleeping Beauty, Jack is a pirate and Bradley is a...cheetah?? I'm not really sure what animal that costume is supposed to be - but it sure is cute!

This is Jack at home after the party. He has "beard" all over his face and clothes - but this is his salute to Halloween candy!
Besides the ward party, we had a little party with a few friends and then got to go to Brooklyn's school party. She is the pink care bear - I didn't think a Sleeping Beauty costume with a hoop skirt was very conducive for preschool. Isn't her teacher's bumble bee costume cute?

After all of this we got to go to Dave's parents house for Halloween night - yeah for way too much sugar. :) Happy Halloween everyone!
P.S. Dave passed his oral exam - and I for one, couldn't be prouder!

1 comment:

Kristy Skoy said...

Congratulations Dave!!! I bet that takes a lot of worry and stress away. Your kids are so cute in their halloween costumes.